Friday, November 24, 2006

Turkey Day

Today marks the first time I have cooked a Thanksgiving Turkey by myself. Now of course I had to call home to consult the turkey master in my family, my mom. I do not think I will be able to make one as good as my mom but with her assistance with the recipe over the phone, I sure came close to the desired results. Either way, everyone loved it which was a sigh of relief after 3 & 1/2 hours of cooking the bird without knowing how I would do. Even my 3yr.old son liked it and he is the pickiest eater I know!So I want to say Thank You Mom for havin' my back and teaching me how to properly cook Thanksgiving Turkey, I Love You.

I will post pictures of the festivities later. I did not take them and to top it off I forgot to take a picture of the bird before I carved it.LOL!!! So Hopefully someone remembered. Oh, I also forgot to mention, along with my roasted turkey there was also a fried turkey that was served. My girl's stepdad cooked it up...it only took 45 minutes! Ok, I'm out for now. I hope you guys enjoyed your TurkeyDay too.

No comments: