Friday, March 24, 2006

Hmmm....


So it's friday, which means thursday is departure day. Still hasn't hit me fully but I know once that plane starts it's ascent into the air it will all fall into place. I just recently picked up the current issue of Chile Pepper magazine(the one with the hot wings on the cover) .The magazine features a 6-page layout starting on page 48, about Trinidadian cuisine!!! It covers alot of things from pepper sauce to doubles to Buss Upshut, fried bake, curry chicken and finally tamarind chutney. I have to plan a trip to Trinidad next year cuz I am intent on learning how to make roti from scratch(paratha that is).

I can make sada roti & a pretty mean choka. But I won't be content until I can make a fierce paratha roti. I for one want to do my part to help preserve and/or elevate trinidad's cuisine to contend with the big boys. Now, don't get me wrong, Trini food is by far the best the caribbean has to offer, but, alot of people outside of the caribbean are unaware of this fact. I for one want to bring our cuisine to the forefront and hopefully with the right knowledge and training it will be possible. Just a few thoughts...'til chicago, I'm in the wind.

Jevon

No comments: