Friday, March 31, 2006

"Hello Chicago, the name's Jevon & I'll be conquering you today."(Chi-Town pt. 2)






Greetings, Today was officially my first day in class at French Pastry School for French Cakes & Tarts course. Chef Bob was hella cool and pretty knowledgeable. I learned some tips, tricks,etc...We started off the day by producing majority of the components for the cakes & Tarts. Today we learned: Vanilla Cremeux, Pastry Cream, Flourless Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Biscuit, Pate A Bomb, Pain de Genes, Semi-Candied Raspberries, Lemon Curd, Hazelnut Dacquoise & Meringue. Speaking of Meringue, Chef Bob(Hartwig) gave us a tip that helped us recognize if we reached the correct peak(soft peaks) for our meringue, he said it should look like a bird's beak. Funny, but it works! Anyways, I will be takin plenty of shots of the finished products, so stay tuned tomorrow. I'm off to sleep cuz I got to catch the "L" to downtown pretty early. Goodnight all...

Jevon

No comments: