Saturday, April 01, 2006

Damn, this cake is the bomb!!!(Chi-Town pt.3)




Alright people, Today marks the completion of my Cakes & Tarts class @ FPS. I do have to say I feel content and have gained some extra confidence in the world of french pastry. Today we completed: Lemon Tart, Chocolate Tart, Chocolate Hazelnut Torte, Framboise Torte(Raspberry Mousse Cake), Apple Almond Tart & Mille Feuille. Man, talk about a dieter's nightmare but a pastry lover's dream...haha. I tried EVERYTHING except the chocolate stuff. i was all about the fruit stuff today.

At lunch we had some bomb ass petit fours!!! The macaroons where off the hook(soft as a cloud). Man, I think I will be doin the ice cream class at the end of the year. I was very impressed with the staff, really warm and inviting. Carrie, the assistant was top notch! She was always 2 steps ahead of the game which kept things flowing smoothly.

I recommend if you are looking to take some pastry classes of any kind, look no further than French Pastry
School in Chicago!!! Tucson, ready or not...Senor Churro is on his way back!!!!!

Jevon

No comments: