Monday, April 10, 2006

Torn(right down the middle)


Looking at this picture of my son Julian reminds me just how much I miss my childhood, no worries larger than which toy will be my companion today.Well let's see, since my last post I have basically been offered my old position back at The Bellagio(Restaurant name withheld for now). The thing is, when I first landed the job, I had absolutely no pastry experience and that seemed to hurt me. I mean, I was able to plate up every plated dessert but i guess lack of experience and organization skills needed for the job caused my premature demize. Now this was in the winter of 2004. Let us fast-forward to the spring of 2006, I have not produced any pastry between then and now besides my most recent cakes & tart class.

So, I guess what concerns me is falling back into that dilemma one 'mo gain.

I have alot riding on this if I decide to accept the job offer. I have a girlfriend and a son to worry about for starters. But at the same time, I do want to excel in this profession and the current job I hold will not allow for that type of "growth." Finances play a major factor as well, I would have to find room and board A.S.A.P. if I accept the job. I did not see this happening at all, so it has been interesting tryin' to soak all of it in at once. I wish I had some serious cash packed away, so I could leave if I wanted without a second guess....but I suspect that's what we all want.

Jevon

No comments: