Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I missed you mommy...



So, it's been almost six years since I last saw my mother. I am still uncertain why it took me this long to have her come visit or to hop on a plane myself. But all I know is that now that she is here, I really understand how much I've missed her. Now, another thing that any homesick trini misses is........her "sweet hands(cooking)." So I have went down the list of things I've been craving and couldn't cook myself. The one meal that truly hit the spot was sunday dinner! It consisted of Stew chicken, Calalloo, Macaroni pie, Lentils, White rice & a side salad(trini style: seasoned tomato & cucumber). Tonight I had some roast bake & buljol. Tomorrow, we shall feast on Pelau!!!!!!!!!!! Now, saturday, I will be making Sio Pao("POW") for my mom to freeze and take home. All I can say is thank you mommy, thank you.

1 comment:

Chennette said...

aww
that spread looks great!
I am now hungry...tomorrow I go home to T&T where hopefully my mommy cooks :-D